• Activations have begun mostly in five of our service areas. Copes Corners* and Index** Substation areas will be next but most of these will happen in 2020.
• We have a long waiting list (which is great!)
• We have built over 600 miles of fiber because NY State required us to build this way. We have to finish mainline construction by Dec. 31st of 2019.
• The Fiber to the Home network is hardwired and the process goes like this: Design, Make Ready, Strand, Fiber, Lashing, Splicing, Optics and Electronics, Testing, Service Drops to Premises, then Installations.
• Drops require fiber to be “dropped” from the pole to a box on your house
• Installs require fiber to be run through the box on the house into a modem inside the house
• We are doing as many drops as possible this fall before the weather prevents us from trenching
• The installations backlog will continue to go up while we focus on drops this fall
• We are trying to get as many members and customers online as fast as we can
*Copes Corners Substation area includes Butternuts and Unadilla and some of Morris and Otego.
**Index Substation area includes Hartwick, Milford, Westford, Middlefield, and a small part of Springfield.